Outlook 2010 - how to get all my pop and imap accounts into a single Outlook / Inbox RRS feed

• Question

• Re: Outlook 2010 - how to get all my pop and imap accounts into a single Outlook / Inbox

I have a att.net pop email account. Then i two gmail imap accounts. I want all three accounts to receive incoming emails into the Outlook / Inbox and put outgoing emails into Outlook / Sent. I have no issues with the pop account, I suppose because I can specify the data folder and file.  But how do can I get the imap accounts into the Outlook / Inbox (so some inbox that all 3 can use) ? Do I change the Settings -> Advance -> Root folder path or possibly the account filename.pst to the out used in Outlook / Inbox ? I have read several articles but the advice is all over the place and I do not want to wreck my pst files. 

OK, and as an aside, my gmail1 account does put incoming emails into the Outlook / Inbox. gmail2 account does not. I have looked at every setting and they are identical. I have even deleted both accounts and set them back up. I have no idea how gmail1 is working. 

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Brenda,

Before going further, could you please clarify how did you manage to put incoming emails of your POP account to Outlook/Inbox? By changing the location of the PST file?

As far as I know, the normal method to move *.pst files used only applies to POP3 accounts. For IMAP accounts in Outlook 2010, you may refer to the article below:

Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur. 
    Please refer to this article about how to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/config/how-to-move-the-imap-personal-folder-pst/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please feel free to let me know if I have misunderstood anything.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:58 AM
  • I have 3 pop3 accounts where incoming mail is directed into the Outlook / Inbox by changing them each to have the same "Selected account delivers new message to the following location" file name. IMAP account shows you the file name where new messages will be delivered but does not give you the option to change it. 
    Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:48 PM
  • Hi Brenda,

Thanks for clarifying.

>> IMAP account shows you the file name where new messages will be delivered but does not give you the option to change it. 

This is an expected behavior that in Outlook 2010 we cannot change the storage of IMAP accounts by conventional methods. Have you checked if the ForcePSTPath regisrty method mentioned in my previous reply was helpful?

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:37 AM
  • Yuki, the link your referenced was how to move IMAP files. There was no reference on how to consolidate. I do not want to ruin my Outlook / Inbox. 

So why does one of my IMAP accounts recieve emails into my Outlook / inbox? How is that possible? 

Thursday, February 15, 2018 11:23 AM