none
Index out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index.

Question

• I'm attempting to help our users in their ability to do some what-if analysis.  I get this error every time I enter data in a writeback cell then refresh the workbook.  Any thoughts as to why?  I can send a screenshot if desired.

Friday, April 25, 2008 12:44 PM

Answers

• btw: yes please open this with support since its happening for all users. It should not be.

When reopening both users should click update if local caching is enabled. If they did not use formulas to enter their data then the changelist should have been cleared by the server. If formulas are used then a new value is added to the changelist.

3 quick ways to find differences with what the user is seeing and what is on the server:
    1. compare with server
    2. view current changes
    3. use a report that is outside the assignment to view the data

Really in the current release in this scenario the users will have to understand the changelist to make sure that they are not seeingthe next pending value they intend to write. And we're working with the server side for future versions to have ways that the addin can query for the status of submission to automatically clean the changelist.
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 7:28 PM
  • Hi all

I too had this error and this is how I got round it:

First I deleted any cycles associated with the report and closed excel.

Then open the form in Excel. Go to PerformancePoint, Reports, Properties and then copy the RDL to a notepad file.

Save the form as just a simple excel spreadsheet (File -> Save As). Hit ok to the warnings of the assignment being closed etc. Close Excel and reopen the simple spreadsheet. Connect to Performance point and create a new report. Copy and paste the RDL back in. Now republish the form and the error should have gone.

Laura

Friday, May 02, 2008 3:51 PM

All replies

• This sounds like a bug.  Can you clear the change list and then try again?

Friday, April 25, 2008 9:04 PM
  • I don't understand?  What do you mean by the change list?

Monday, April 28, 2008 4:53 PM
  • Is is possible that this is because I am using the NONE dimension member in a number of matrices?  That doesn't seem like it should be a problem but I wanted to double-check.

with member [Time].[Day View].[] as ""

Member [Time].[Day View].[Today] as Format(Now(), "yyyyMMdd")

Member [CustPT] as [ComponentPT].[OpenStockView].currentmember.member_caption

select StrToSet('{Generate({[Time].[Day View].&['+[Time].[Day View].[Today]+'].parent.lag(0):[Time].[Day View].&['+[Time].[Day View].[Today]+'].parent.lead(17)},{[Time].[Day View].currentmember.firstchild})}')

{{[Account].[All Members].[ListPrice]}*{[Scenario].[All Members].[Forecast]},

{[Account].[All Members].[OpenStockNetPrice]}*{[Scenario].[All Members].[Override]}}

{[Assortment].[All Members].[Assortment].&[-1]}*

{[ComponentPC].[All Members].[ComponentPC].&[-1]}*

{[Measures].DefaultMember}

properties [KEY], [IS_DATAMEMBER],[Time].[Day View].[Date],[ComponentPC].[All Members].[MEMBER_CAPTION],[Assortment].[All Members].[MEMBER_CAPTION]

on columns, non empty Order({descendants([ComponentPT].[OpenStockView].CurrentMember,[ComponentPT].[OpenStockView].[ProductFamily],after)},[CustPT],BASC)

properties [KEY], [IS_DATAMEMBER] ,[ComponentPT].[OpenStockView].[ProductType]

on rows from (select {[ComponentPT].[CustomerName].[All]} on columns from [SalesForecasting])

Monday, April 28, 2008 5:05 PM
  • No this is an internal exception and shouldn't matter that NONE is being used.

Under the refresh dropdown there is an option to "clear current changes" try that (we dev's call "current changes" the "change list")
    Monday, April 28, 2008 5:48 PM
  • Sorry, this is probably an uninformed question... But isn't this like a "rollback" action?  If so that's not really what I want to do. 

I also get this error when I do a submit or submit as draft but it appears that the data is being submitted to the appdb.

So I'm really confused as to what this error means.

Monday, April 28, 2008 5:58 PM
  • Somehow the users's local cache or assignment is in  bad state. We're trying to help you workaround the bug - at least the addin should detect this and provide an actionable error instead of the text you're getting. Smile  Is this happening for all users or just 1 particular user? If its all users then there's a bigger problem.

The big hammer is to clear the local cache and then reopen the assignment. but this won't clear the changelist.

If that doesn't work, then I would definitly clear current changes again.

You also can choose the discard workbook action to see if reverting the report definition also resolves the error in case a prior submission is what got the assignment into this state.
    Monday, April 28, 2008 7:14 PM
  •  

It is happening for all users, all the time. 

We've cleared changes, cleared cache & re-gen'd the assigment & the error persists. 

Do I need to escalate this to MS Support or does this stay with this team?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 5:30 PM
  • One additional point to mention on this.  Not sure if this is another problem or another symptom.

• Two people writeback data to the same cell in the fact table.
    • Submit Draft
    • Insure that the cube has been processed by waiting for the status to change to partial.
    • Close Excel.
    • Reopen Excel & see the data that they just changed.
    • They both see their changes.
    • Another person sees the last piece of data that was entered.

Is this by design?  It seems like the last-in data entry would always win & that there wouldn't be data cached locally in this scenario.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 6:29 PM
  • btw: yes please open this with support since its happening for all users. It should not be.

When reopening both users should click update if local caching is enabled. If they did not use formulas to enter their data then the changelist should have been cleared by the server. If formulas are used then a new value is added to the changelist.

3 quick ways to find differences with what the user is seeing and what is on the server:
    1. compare with server
    2. view current changes
    3. use a report that is outside the assignment to view the data

Really in the current release in this scenario the users will have to understand the changelist to make sure that they are not seeingthe next pending value they intend to write. And we're working with the server side for future versions to have ways that the addin can query for the status of submission to automatically clean the changelist.
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 7:28 PM
  • Local caching is always disabled.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:28 PM
  • Hi all

I too had this error and this is how I got round it:

First I deleted any cycles associated with the report and closed excel.

Then open the form in Excel. Go to PerformancePoint, Reports, Properties and then copy the RDL to a notepad file.

Save the form as just a simple excel spreadsheet (File -> Save As). Hit ok to the warnings of the assignment being closed etc. Close Excel and reopen the simple spreadsheet. Connect to Performance point and create a new report. Copy and paste the RDL back in. Now republish the form and the error should have gone.

Laura

Friday, May 02, 2008 3:51 PM
  • Hi,

I know this is several months later, but we ran into a similar situation.  This was on a report, not a form.

The issue turned out to be an additional Row that had been added to enable the description to show instead of the label for the Account in the Row set.  We deleted that additional row (description was not needed as the worksheet was hidden and the results only were referenced in the report) and the matrix rendered properly.

Thanks

jerry
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 6:28 PM