Could not delete a page in OneNote, sitting on SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have the following strange problem. I'm unable to delete a page from OneNote, hosted on SharePoint 2013. I used either OneNote on my local PC or OneNote Online (in browser). The all OneNote notebook is too big, around 6 GB and the section where the page is, is around 1 GB.

• When I tried to delete the page in OneNote Online (in browser) I'm getting the following error message:

and the page come back.

• When tried to delete the page from OneNote application, the page is gone but the notebook is not synchronized and I got:

I tried to close the notebook in OneNote application, but got again error message:

I suppose that the problem may come from the fact that the notebook is too big but I'm trying to delete some pages in order to lower the size.

Is there a way to forcibly delete the unnecessary pages?

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 1:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Aleksandar Pavlov,

To delete a page in the OneNote file, you could download the OneNote file, open the OneNote file in the OneNote application, delete the page and save the changes.

And then delete the original the OneNote file in SharePoint online site and upload the Note file which have been edited in the OneNote application.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 30, 2018 2:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Aleksandar Pavlov,

To delete a page in the OneNote file, you could download the OneNote file, open the OneNote file in the OneNote application, delete the page and save the changes.

And then delete the original the OneNote file in SharePoint online site and upload the Note file which have been edited in the OneNote application.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 30, 2018 2:34 AM
  • Hi Aleksandar Pavlov,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Monday, December 3, 2018 1:46 AM