none
Using GPO to auto log in client PC's

Question

• I'm helping out in a friend in his internet cafe and trying to work out how to configure a GPO for an OU to make all the customer PC's auto login to one account/password for all PC's in each group.   

I'm trying to avoid setting each pc individually so if a change needs to be implemented it only needs to be done once instead of 70 times as it currently does.  (meaning more than just log in details)

any searches I have done seem to indicate this might not be possible so I thought I'd ask the Microsoft forum directly

thanks

Friday, July 13, 2018 2:22 AM

All replies

• Not possible sorry. You might be able to script something with psexec and autologon from the sysinternals suite in order to automate the process a little.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autologon

Unless someone else has a better idea...

Brian Baldock | MCSE | MCSA | MS | MCP Please note: This post is provided as is with no guarantee. Test, then test again

Friday, July 13, 2018 2:29 AM
  • this is similar to my next plan... 

was going to look into creating a registry file on a network location and run it on each pc but that probably wasn't going to work either, so I can make a script with this instead.  

I suppose if the account auto logs in <g class="gr_ gr_493 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="493" id="493">i</g> should never need to worry about changing the password anyway

many <g class="gr_ gr_510 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="510" id="510">thanks</g> Brian

Friday, July 13, 2018 3:44 AM