Exchange server mails moving to draft RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Support,

We have installed exchange server 2016 , We need small help regarding exchange server setup.

1)After installing , able to create mail box, but mails are moving to draft folder,

2)I changed DNS setting as per the below blog mails are flowing in same exchange server, but not out side.

https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/28623/Exchange-Server-Message-Queue-Error-451-4-4-0-DNS-query-failed.html

3) Due to some gateway settings now again issue is back , mails are not moving from draft folder.

4) due to this our task is completely stopped, Could you please help here is there any additional configurations need to be done from our end.  SMTP related or any network related setting?

Error I am getting now in Queue:

1) From Internal exchange:451.4.4.397 error communicating with target host-> unable to connect->socket timedout: socket communication error.

2)DNS Error: 10712269 DNS type 'mx' lookup of dev24.dev-*****.corp responded with code NXDOMAIN Domain name not found: dev24.dev****.corp

Regards,

Vamsi.

Monday, September 24, 2018 4:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

please check that port 25 is blocked on firewall (windows or hardware). Ask your network admin. It should work fine after he opens communication to remote servers on port 25.

Br//Rafiul

Please mark if the post is helpful

Monday, September 24, 2018 5:55 AM
  • Hello Rafiul,

First thanks for the quick response and help.

Port is enabled, we disabled firewall as well.

This domain is custom domain , not connected to external, but internet is working. we have enabled STARTTLS for our requirement.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vamsi.

Monday, September 24, 2018 8:26 AM
  • is the issue still remaining?

Another thing that i would suggest check that all domain controllers time and exchange servers time is in sync.

BR//Rafiul

• Edited by rafiul islam Tuesday, September 25, 2018 8:40 AM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 8:39 AM
  • Hi Vamsi,

>>After installing , able to create mail box, but mails are moving to draft folder.

Do you mean when you send mail from OWA, then mail will showed in draft folder? 

If so, it is a normal phenomenon, please wait for some time, then check whether this mail is send out or whether a NDR returns.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 8:46 AM
  • Hello ,

Thanks to all,

Now I am bale to send mails internal exchange server range, but not out side domain.

This domain is not registered in external network, at least if I send any mails to other exchange server inside company domains is also fine for my business case. 

I am new to exchange server setup, kindly let me know is there any trust required for different domains?

Regards,

Vamsi.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:34 AM
  • Hello Rafiul,

I am using both domain controller and exchange in same server.

Regards,

Vamsi.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:34 AM
  • Hi Vamsi,

If you want to send mail between two domains(in a same forest) , you should crete Conditional DNS Forwarding, two way trust, and cross forest connectors.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If you just want to send mails to internet, you can create a send connector directly: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow/connectors/internet-mail-send-connectors?view=exchserver-2019 

If those two domains are in different forests and you want to receive mails each other, you should publish them to internet first.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 28, 2018 8:52 AM
  • Hi Vamsi,

Haven't received your update for a long time, any update now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Monday, October 8, 2018 5:59 AM