locked
Room Mailbox Auto-Accept not working for one database RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi folks,

    We had an issue reported this morning that a room mailbox wasn't updating. After some brief troubleshooting, it appeared that the inbox of the Room Mailbox had requests that were pending accept/decline. The setting on the mailbox itself was set to auto-accept.

    Come to find out, several (perhaps all, it's tough to tell) room mailboxes on ONE DATABASE all had the same problem. 

    We have since moved the DB's we have noticed that after an hour or so they are starting to accept meeting requests.

    I see this appears to be an issue with some people, but I am not noticing anyone comment back on any resolutions. Does anyone have any pointers on where to begin? There doesnt' appear to be any mail flow issues on this database, just auto-accept is not working for any room mailboxes on it. This seemed to have started this morning, but no changes were made to Exchange.


    Brandon Carder

    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:22 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi folks,

    We had an issue reported this morning that a room mailbox wasn't updating. After some brief troubleshooting, it appeared that the inbox of the Room Mailbox had requests that were pending accept/decline. The setting on the mailbox itself was set to auto-accept.

    Come to find out, several (perhaps all, it's tough to tell) room mailboxes on ONE DATABASE all had the same problem. 

    We have since moved the DB's we have noticed that after an hour or so they are starting to accept meeting requests.

    I see this appears to be an issue with some people, but I am not noticing anyone comment back on any resolutions. Does anyone have any pointers on where to begin? There doesnt' appear to be any mail flow issues on this database, just auto-accept is not working for any room mailboxes on it. This seemed to have started this morning, but no changes were made to Exchange.


    Brandon Carder

    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:19 PM
  • I have seen your response on another post for a similar issue, but they are all on another, separate DB than the one experiencing the issues. How can that be the problem?

    Will restarting the mailbox assistants service cause any issues if someone is trying to book a meeting?


    Brandon Carder

    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:27 PM
  • Any idea how to delete a duplicate thread?

    Brandon Carder

    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:30 PM
  • I restarted MailboxAssistants service on all Exchange servers, same issue. 

    Brandon Carder

    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:11 PM
  • Hi,
    You should have contiuned the discussion in your other thread :)
    I have deleted my post there and as long as nobody else writes anything there, you should be able to delete that duplicate post.


    Martina Miskovic

    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:29 PM
  • I restarted MailboxAssistants service on all Exchange servers, same issue. 

    Brandon Carder


    Ok, that was worth a shoot.

    As I wrote in the post I have now deleted, I have never seen this before...only problems with all booking all rooms.
    Sometimes it has helpd to move the arbitration mailboxes to a different database. It that something you have tried already?

    Martina Miskovic

    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:34 PM
  • Hello,

    Not sure why this happen. If you want to find the root cause, I think you may have to reproduce this issue then take a ETL trace to help the analysis.

    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vikas/archive/2011/06/23/draft-how-to-take-ews-owa-etl-trace-to-troubleshoot-exchange-web-services-issues-exchange-2007-amp-2010.aspx

    Thanks,

    Simon

    Thursday, May 17, 2012 3:08 AM
  • Just a quick update. We have tried moving rooms from other databases into the affected database, and the issue shows (no auto-accept) until we move the room to another database. We have also tried to create a new room mailbox in the affected database. The issue exists from the start.

    I'll look into the ETL trace, but I'm sensing a call to Microsoft at this point if no one else has any other ideas.


    Brandon Carder

    Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:31 PM
  • Hi Brandon,
    I'm not sure, but I think there could be some problems with the Databases systemmailbox.
    Every Mailbox Database has one and it could be a good idea to recreate it. That can be done by deleting it and dismount/mount the database and a new one will be created. You find it in domain.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects and with ADSIEdit you can see on the attribute homeMDB, which one it is.

    I have only done this in a test enviroment and that worked just fine, but maybe callling Microsoft is a better idea.

    Or as a third option, create a new database and move every mailbox over and drop this one.


    Martina Miskovic

    Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:58 PM