none
Static Records Created Automaticly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Every One,

I have a server with two NIC cards (one LAN, one iSCSI) and i specifically have told the server not to register iSCSI one in DNS by removing the check mark for register this server in DNS, but every day at a specific time in day the record is created in our DNS server as an static record.

What am i missing here?

Thanking You in advanced

**************** Sincerely Yours Ziyaei Ali *****************

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 3:06 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

Thank you for your reply, but there is no point to that, i figured it out.

In the process of name registration every server with static IP address will register itself in DNS server every 24 hours. (even if you say not to). It can be  disabled through registry or in my case it is easier to remove the DNS IP from iSCSI nic.

Thanks

Ali

• Marked as answer by Ali Ziyaei Tuesday, November 1, 2016 11:20 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 11:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Ziyaei,

Please open TCP/IPv4 properties panel of adapter, click advance, select DNS, please unselect Register this connection’s addresses in DNS.

Have you configured DHCP registered record to DNS server?

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:12 AM
  • Hi John,

Thank you for your reply, That was the first step i took and mentioned above, i Removed the check mark that;s  why i'm surprised. The IP is static and interestingly the record in DNS show up as an static record. 

Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:20 AM
  • Hi Ziyaei,

Have you installed AD with DNS on local server?

Please catch the packet on DNS server when it will receive the register request by Microsoft Monitor.

Here is link about Microsoft monitor download:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=4865

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 28, 2016 3:02 AM
  • Hi John,

Thank you for your reply, but there is no point to that, i figured it out.

In the process of name registration every server with static IP address will register itself in DNS server every 24 hours. (even if you say not to). It can be  disabled through registry or in my case it is easier to remove the DNS IP from iSCSI nic.

Thanks

Ali

• Marked as answer by Ali Ziyaei Tuesday, November 1, 2016 11:20 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 11:29 AM
  • Hi Ali,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards

John

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 3:00 AM