Can't sign in Office apps? RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason, my Office apps keeps showing a  white "Sign in" button at the top even though I have tried signing off and in again several times.

At the same time, the Office Account settings already shows that I am signed in, but it's not showing my profile picture. 

Restarting Office apps and rebooting Windows does not fix this. I am using Office 2019 version 1808 (build 10356.20006)

What is the cause of this?
    Thursday, March 5, 2020 12:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

My apologies for the very late reply. For some reason I did not get notfied for replies here. The issue got fixed after an update for Office got released.
    • Marked as answer by JohnnyGui Friday, April 24, 2020 4:53 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2020 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can troubleshoot the issue by referring to How to troubleshoot non-browser apps that can't sign in to Office 365, Azure, or Intune.

In addition, you can go to Control Panel\User Accounts\Credential Manager\Windows Credentials, back up credentials to local drivers, click each credential for Office and check if it is your account, if so delete it. Then you try to log in Office applications again.

If you have any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, March 6, 2020 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

You can troubleshoot the issue by referring to How to troubleshoot non-browser apps that can't sign in to Office 365, Azure, or Intune.

In addition, you can go to Control Panel\User Accounts\Credential Manager\Windows Credentials, back up credentials to local drivers, click each credential for Office and check if it is your account, if so delete it. Then you try to log in Office applications again.

If you have any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Thanks. One of the steps in your link says that I should run the Office 365 Desktop Setup Tool but I have Office 2019. What should I do in that case?

I have also tried deleting the credentials but it did not fix this.

• Edited by JohnnyGui Friday, March 6, 2020 10:51 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2020 4:10 PM
  • Hi Johnny,

The article seems to be out of date. Have you checked your network settings and made sure that Network connectivity, firewall and proxy servers settings are OK? The article mentions a tool called Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant for IT Professionals RTW. You can download and install it to troubleshoot the issue as well. 

You can perform an Online repair for your Office 2019 according to Repair an Office application.

To further check, you can log in the computer with other Windows user accounts and switch to a different profile. Can you sign in Office apps smoothly?

Generally, we can use Office 365 Desktop Setup Tool (Office 365 online installer from Office portal) to install Office 365. For your current scanario, you can try to uninstall and reinstall Office 2019 if you can't fix the issue after trying all methods. 

Any updates, feel free to tell us.

Best Regards,

Herb

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 8:52 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates here? Have you solved the problem? I'm looking forward to your responses. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you need further assistance, feel free to post back to let us help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Monday, March 16, 2020 11:25 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Friday, March 27, 2020 10:56 AM
  • Hi,

Best Regards,

Herb

My apologies for the very late reply. For some reason I did not get notfied for replies here. The issue got fixed after an update for Office got released.
    • Marked as answer by JohnnyGui Friday, April 24, 2020 4:53 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2020 4:52 PM