Service Level Target and SLA Icon do not show up for members of custom Incident Resolvers User Role RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have a custom User Role based on "Incident Resolvers" Role for which I do not want to show all Catalog Items. Therefore I changed the setting to "Provide only access to selected groups" and selected the group of Catalog Items I want to share with the members of this group.

However Service Level Target date/time and SLA icons on the "Assigned to me" as well as the "Incidents with Service Level breached" views are not visible anymore for members of the newly created user role.

It seems that if there are no restrictions for the role (like every setting is set to "All items/views/taks etc. can be accessed") it perfectly works. As soon as I configure some restrictions for the role, the SLA icons and Service Level Target dates are gone. The same behavior if I chose to create a "Advanced Operators" role instead... What is the reason behind this? Do you experience the same behavior?

Thanks for your help!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Stefan, I have experienced the same behavior before- as an workaround I added the SLA time to Target Resolution Time field: http://marcelzehner.ch/2012/05/19/more-transparency-in-slo-management-by-reusing-the-target-resolution-time-field/ then I added it to the required view as this will replace the Service Level Target (unfortunately I could not find a way of keeping the SLA icon visible)
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:52 AM
  • Hi Stefan,

I successfully created a custom projection type, sealed the MP with Fastseal.exe, imported it, and changed my Views to use it, and added the SLA column. I based the MP's code from the information from the following website: http://scsmlab.com/2013/07/05/create-custom-view-with-sla-icon-and-service-level-target-column/ but I added more relationships.

To get the icons and names to show up, I needed to create a Group for All "Service Level Configuration" items, and assigned that group to my scoped Operators role. Unfortunately, within the incidents, on the Service Level tab, the "Time before SLO Breached" remains blank.

Regards,
    Patrick Massie

Service Level Configuration Group

Monday, August 19, 2013 11:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Stefan, I have experienced the same behavior before- as an workaround I added the SLA time to Target Resolution Time field: http://marcelzehner.ch/2012/05/19/more-transparency-in-slo-management-by-reusing-the-target-resolution-time-field/ then I added it to the required view as this will replace the Service Level Target (unfortunately I could not find a way of keeping the SLA icon visible)
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:52 AM
  • Hi Ayman, thanks for your reply! Copying Service Level Target to Target Resolution Time field would be a possible workaround. But it would be nice to have the SLA icons too...
    Friday, July 26, 2013 11:26 AM
  • Hi Stefan,

I successfully created a custom projection type, sealed the MP with Fastseal.exe, imported it, and changed my Views to use it, and added the SLA column. I based the MP's code from the information from the following website: http://scsmlab.com/2013/07/05/create-custom-view-with-sla-icon-and-service-level-target-column/ but I added more relationships.

To get the icons and names to show up, I needed to create a Group for All "Service Level Configuration" items, and assigned that group to my scoped Operators role. Unfortunately, within the incidents, on the Service Level tab, the "Time before SLO Breached" remains blank.

Regards,
    Patrick Massie

Service Level Configuration Group

Monday, August 19, 2013 11:17 AM
  • The SLA icon requires the following Column and Additional Properties to be added to the view.

<mux:Column Name="image" Width="25" Property="Status.DisplayName" DataType="s:String">
                    <mux:Column.CellTemplate>
                      <DataTemplate>
                        <Grid>
                          <Image Width="12" Height="12" VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Center" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="NearestNeighbor" xmlns:toolbox="clr-namespace:Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.WpfToolbox;assembly=Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.FormsInfra">
                            <Image.Source>
                              <Binding Path="SLAInstances" Mode="OneWay" Converter="{x:Static slaBinding:SLAStatusImageConverter.Default}" />
                            </Image.Source>
                            <Image.ToolTip>
                              <Binding Path="SLAInstances" Mode="OneWay" Converter="{x:Static slaBinding:SLAStatusTooTipConverter.Default}" />
                            </Image.ToolTip>
                            <Image.Visibility>
                              <Binding RelativeSource="{x:Static RelativeSource.Self}" Path="Source" Mode="OneWay">
                                <Binding.FallbackValue>Visible</Binding.FallbackValue>
                                <Binding.Converter>
                                  <toolbox:MappedValueConverter>
                                    <toolbox:Mapping>
                                      <toolbox:Mapping.From>
                                        <x:Null />
                                      </toolbox:Mapping.From>
                                      <toolbox:Mapping.To>
                                        <s:String>Collapsed</s:String>
                                      </toolbox:Mapping.To>
                                    </toolbox:Mapping>
                                  </toolbox:MappedValueConverter>
                                </Binding.Converter>
                              </Binding>
                            </Image.Visibility>
                          </Image>
                        </Grid>
                      </DataTemplate>
                    </mux:Column.CellTemplate>

<AdditonalProperties>
                <AdditionalProperty>SLAInstances.Status</AdditionalProperty>
                <AdditionalProperty>SLAInstances.IsCancelled</AdditionalProperty>
                <AdditionalProperty>SLAInstances.TargetEndDate</AdditionalProperty>
                <AdditionalProperty>SLAInstances.SLAConfiguration.DisplayName</AdditionalProperty>
              </AdditonalProperties>

Monday, August 19, 2013 11:23 AM
  • Hi Patrick

Thanks for your reply and for reading my blog :-) Creating a All Service Level Configuration items group and assigning that group to the scoped user role did the trick! Thanks for your help!

I think was able to resolve the issue with the blank Time before SLO Breached field by creating another group where I dynamically include ServiceManager.Calendar.Projection combination class objects. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Stefan

Monday, August 19, 2013 4:00 PM
  • Fantastic

I originally posted this issue a while back in 2012. It just so happens years later, I now have a requirement to lock it down again and wondered if a solution was ever found to this problem.

Creating the two custom groups below and adding them into the custom role resolved the issue.

• Service Level Configuration
    • Service Manager Calendar Projection

Good detailed blog post here as well.

Thanks guys.

Regards

• Edited by SJM_ Friday, March 27, 2015 4:56 PM
    Friday, March 27, 2015 4:32 PM