OCS client cannot see users in AD

Question

• office communications server 2007 R2 - the clients cannot see the users in AD [but can see the users in outlook contacts] The odd thing is I can see the universal distrubution groups in AD.  When I run the abserver -regenUR and  abserver -syncNow it runs successfully with 1 warning. [pasted below]
    Also, I deleted the GalContacts.db on the client, and it does update to the client again.
    I know this error below has to do with the telephone entries in AD - but not all users even have a telephone entry, I would think I should be able to at least see those entries.

“One or more phone numbers failed to normalize.

320 total numbers failed to normalize.  They are listed in the text file: 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Web Components\Address Book Files\Files\Invalid_AD_Phone_Numbers.txt'

Cause: One or more phone number attributes in Active Directory contained text that could not be normalized.  Normalization rules are contained in the optional Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules.txt file located in the output location or in the generic rules built into Address Book Server.  Refer to the documentation for a description of the built-in generic normalization rules.  Use the ABServer -dumpRules command to see all the rules that Address Book Server is currently configured with.

Resolution:

Either create a Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules.txt file in the output location and make sure it covers all cases found in your Active Directory deployment or fix the invalid phone number(s) in the Active Directory record(s).”

Thursday, September 03, 2009 7:11 PM

All replies