Is there any script/reg key/wmi to find my current availability status of Skype for Business client in local computer? status like 'busy', 'do not disturb', etc? RRS feed

• Question

• Actually, I would like to perform some scheduled-task actions on my local system while the status of my Skype-for-Business is not 'do-not-disturb'/'In a Conference call' mode. Is there any script/reg key/wmi available to find my current availability status of Skype for Business? Thank you in advance. Regards
    • Edited by Biswadas2 Thursday, July 5, 2018 3:40 PM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Biswadas,

There are no  script/reg eky /wmi to achieve it ,but You could use the Skype Web SDK to achieve it ,please refer to the following link.

https://www.matthewproctor.com/skype-web-sdk-creating-a-presence-dashboard

If you have any question about the Skype Web SDK ,you open a thread in the Skype Web SDK forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, July 6, 2018 8:37 AM
  • Thank you Leon and appreciate for your quick reply.

But's it's difficult to force all users to install the SDK in their client machine nor we can push it from SCCM due to company policy. So, I have created a PowerShell script as below where we can import the SDK DLL's. 

Import-Module 'C:\Temp\DLLs\Microsoft.Office.Uc.Dll'
    Import-Module 'C:\Temp\DLLs\Microsoft.Lync.Model.Dll'
    $Client = [Microsoft.Lync.Model.LyncClient]::GetClient()
    $contact = $client.ContactManager.GetContactByUri($client.Self.contact.Uri)
    $availabilityId = $contact.GetContactInformation("Availability")
    $activity = $contact.GetContactInformation("Activity")
    $availabilityId

These dll's I have copied manually in their temp folder for testing. if it works fine I have planned to copy these files in a shared folder and link it from that shared folder

In my system, it is working fine where as at other machines it is showing error like,

Import-Module : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///D:\DLL\Microsoft.Office.Uc.Dll' or one of its dependencies.

Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

Could you please suggest how can I do this with installing the SDK?

Regards, Biswa

• Edited by Biswadas2 Friday, July 6, 2018 11:35 AM
    Friday, July 6, 2018 11:30 AM
  • I have tried this in Client machines which have OS like Win 7 & Win 10. Generally, I found this DLL (Microsoft.Lync.Model.Dll) issue on Windows 7 machines. In windows 10 I found this working almost.

Regards, Biswa

Sunday, July 8, 2018 6:03 PM
  • Hi ,

Our forum not focus in the development case ,you could open a thread in the Skype web SDK forum, thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 11:56 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:26 AM