REMOVING - PERMANENTLY - MojiLaLa add-in from Outlook Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I added the plug-in MojiLaLa thinking that it would give me access to, at a minimum, the type of emoticons available in gmail, my android phone, etc. Instead, I got... NOTHING. when I click on the add-in, there is no activity. I discovered that there are others, online, complaining about the same thing. 

I want to permanently get rid of this add-in, but there is nothing I can do from the SYSTEM, APP utility. It simply doesn't show up there. 

When I right click on the MojiLaLa ribbon Icon in Outlook, and get the options utility, I can find this annoying little add-in there. I've tried to disable it - a couple of dozen times - and it keeps showing back up like an unwanted family member.

There is literally ZERO discussion about this useless add-in (now referred to as a 'subtract-in') - anyone know how to evict this d%nm thing from my Office?

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 12:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

Normally, to remove an add-in from Outlook client, we can go to File > Options > Add-ins. Select COM add-in and then click Go. Select the MojiLaLa add-in and then click Remove.

If the add-in keeps getting back, we may need to disable it via Registry Editor:

(Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

1. Open Run from Start. Type regedit and press OK.

2. Locate this path:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins

3. Found the key for MojiLaLa add-in:

• Option 1: set the LoadBehavior to 2. (In this way, Outlook will not load this add-in)
    • Option 2: Right click the key and choose Delete

4. Restart Outlook to test the results.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:14 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:57 AM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:13 AM
  • Hi Mark,

Have you tested the steps above? Does it work on your side?

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

If the reply is helpful, it's recommended to mark as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one.

Thank you for your support!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, June 24, 2019 4:48 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, June 24, 2019 4:48 AM
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 6:32 AM
  • The OP was trying to indicate that the add-in does not show up. It's not in the list of add-ins that can be removed via File > Options > Add-ins. It's not in the registry.

Yet the Mojilala button remains in the UI and it does nothing (at least nothing we can see).

I have the same issue.

Friday, September 6, 2019 12:27 AM
  • The OP was trying to indicate that the add-in does not show up. It's not in the list of add-ins that can be removed via File > Options > Add-ins. It's not in the registry.

Yet the Mojilala button remains in the UI and it does nothing (at least nothing we can see).

I have the same issue.

Friday, September 6, 2019 12:27 AM