How can I get an Active Directory group to show in SPD "select from existing users and groups" pane in the "Define E-mail Message" dialogue box? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When defining an email message in SharePoint Designer, I click on the Address Book to access the "Select Users" dialogue box. In the "Or select from existing users and groups" pane on the LHS I can see some of the groups I have in Active Directory but not all.

My problem is the AD group that I want to use is not in the list.

I have done a full profile import in the SSP.  And I have tried to determine why some groups are included but others aren't: I have compared for AD group type (they are all Universal Security Groups), I have compared numbers of members in the AD groups, when the group was created, etc. all the characteristics of the AD groups but I can't see a pattern.

Any ideas how I can get my AD group added to the "select from existing users and groups" pane?

Many thanks,

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:02 AM

Answers

• Hi sunnanuk,

According to your description, after my test , I get it. you should add the AD group in your SharePoint group. Site Actions->Site settings->People and groups. On my machine ,I add my AD group in my SharePoint owners group.  Please add your AD group in your site. After this ,when you open SharePoint designer workflow, when you open send email box, Please select user, you will find the AD group in the list box.

Thanks,

Jack

• Proposed as answer by Rashu,Rahul Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:45 AM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:23 AM