none
Email is not getting triggered in outlook 2013 after installing Add-ins RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Everyone,

I am presently doing DL management with owner approval to join any group membership using Outlook through FIM.I have a FIM 2010 R2 setup in one system and a different machine in which i have installed the client for Outllook.

I have configured evrything and also i can see the groups in the GAL and users too but when i am trying to send any email to join the group ,the owner of that group should get the email that a person wants to join the group but he is not getting the mail though it has been send successfully.

Can u please provide me the bottle neck of the issue.

Thanks,

Aman Khanna

Sunday, August 10, 2014 1:29 PM

All replies

• Aman,

How are you confirming that the mail was sent successfully? Check the FIM event log on FIM service machine and verify you don't see any errors related to Exchange/Mail. If you look at request from user attempting to join group, does it still show as 'authorizing' or does it show as 'postprocessingerror'?

Monday, August 11, 2014 1:19 AM
  • Hi Aman,

Have you checked the portal? Is there any request which is generated and giving some error as Glenn asked i.e.

Request Status : Failed/Denied/PostProcessing/PostProcessingError

Is the MPR getting triggered properly?

Regards,
    Manuj Khurana

Monday, August 11, 2014 11:23 AM
  • Hi,

I am not able to see any activity when I am doing approval from outlook and when I am doing from fim portal I can see the request and also I can add the member with owner approval.

Thanks,

Aman

Monday, August 11, 2014 12:43 PM
  • Hi Glen,

In Event Viewer I can see 2 error which are as follows:

System.Web.Services: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The request failed schema validation: The element 'Message' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types' has invalid child element 'Header' in namespace 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'. List of possible elements expected: 'Sensitivity, Body, Attachments, DateTimeReceived, Size, Categories, Importance, InReplyTo, IsSubmitted, IsDraft, IsFromMe, IsResend, IsUnmodified, InternetMessageHeaders, DateTimeSent, DateTimeCreated, ResponseObjects, ReminderDueBy, ReminderIsSet, ReminderMinutesBeforeStart, DisplayCc, DisplayTo, HasAttachments, ExtendedProperty, Culture, Sender, ToRecipients, CcRecipients, BccRecipients, IsReadReceiptRequested, IsDeliveryReceiptRequested, ConversationIndex, ConversationTopic, From, InternetMessageId, IsRead, IsResponseRequested, References, ReplyTo' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types'.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.Mail.Exchange.ExchangeServiceBinding.CreateItem(CreateItemType CreateItem1)

at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Mail.ExchangeProxy.ExecuteCreateItem(CreateItemType request)

at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Mail.ExchangeProxy.SendApprovalMessage(ApprovalMessage approvalMessage)

at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Mail.ExchangeServer.SendApproval(ApprovalMessage message)

at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Mail.ApprovalMessage.Send(Int32 timeoutInMilliseconds)

at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Workflow.Hosting.SendMailWorkItemProcessor.SendMailMessage(MessageContent messageContent, Int32 timeoutInMilliseconds)

at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Workflow.Hosting.SendMailWorkItemProcessor.ProcessWorkItem(WorkItem workItem)

EmailNotificationDataExchange caught an exception while trying to send an email.  The email was not sent.  See the trace immediately following for exception contents.

I am also getting the warning which are as follows:

WorkflowInstance '078cb026-1a38-48f7-838d-700bc5f3ba3a' could not send mail message in activity 'approvalActivity1.sendApprovalEmail'.

I can do the activity from fim portal and I can see the search request but when I am doing the activity from Outlook the mail is send to the fim service account and it is vanished with few seconds by it own is it is not present any where and mail to owner is not getting send.

Also I cant see any search request generated while adding members through Outlook.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Aman

Monday, August 11, 2014 12:47 PM

• Edited by AmanKhanna Monday, August 11, 2014 7:14 PM
    Monday, August 11, 2014 7:14 PM