none
Importing Custom Project Fields from Project Plan into PS List RRS feed

• Question

• I decided the best way to do a risk assessment was to create custom fields in the MS project plan for Risks, Triggers, probably, impact, mitigation etc.  I then learned that PS has a Risk Log with these variables.  It there anyway for me to continue my process and get these fields imported into the Risk List (even if I have to save offline in excel doc)?  I see you can "export" or open in acccess, but I don't see how this can help me.

Thank you in advance.

Lisa Chipetine, PMP

Monday, April 8, 2013 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Lisa,

you should be able to import the list using a datasheet view for the SharePoint risk list.

Regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

• Proposed as answer by Renke Holert Tuesday, April 9, 2013 6:01 PM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 3:21 PM
  • If you open the Risks list in Datasheet view, you can then copy/paste from your Project schedule fields to the corresponding fields in the Risks list for that project.  You can also add new fields to the Risks list, if you need them.  Do not delete the existing fields, though.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Monday, April 8, 2013 3:50 PM