none
Bitlocker Encyrpted External Drive is corrupt RRS feed

• Question

• Any help or advice it welcomed.  My external hard drive was encrypted with bitlocker...I decided to turn bitlocker off.  The process started and got to 89%.  While waiting on the process to complete, I got up from my desk and bumped the cable and it disconnected from the drive.  Now, I cannot open the drive in explorer or view anything.  I have tried several things mentioned in forums..recovery tool, bde, tried to mount to another drive letter, etc.  None of this works because when I plug the drive in, it shows up for a moment and then says it is not accessible and disappear from explorer.  Thoughts?
    • Edited by the47 Monday, September 7, 2020 9:52 PM
    Monday, September 7, 2020 8:59 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Welcome to TechNet forum.

As Microsoft document said, repair-bde cannot repair a drive that failed during the encryption or decryption process.

You may have a try but it may not work. You could also try some other data recovery software such as Hasleo BitLocker Data Recovery.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Avis de non-responsabilité:
    Mon opinion ne peut pas coïncider avec la position officielle de Microsoft.

Bien cordialement, Andrei ...

MCP

• Edited by SQx Monday, September 7, 2020 11:15 PM updated
    Monday, September 7, 2020 11:12 PM