How I got the Logitech QuickCam Zoom to work under Vista x64! RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Found the answer to my own problem on the 4th hour of trying (stubborn, I know).  For those that want it to work under Vista 64bit here's what I did:

0) Edit the file lpro64v.inf_bf04ef60 in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and change all references from

%PID_08B2_DD%=PID_08B2,USB\VID_046D&PID_08BD&Mi_00      ; Pro 4000

to

%PID_08B2_DD%=PID_08B2,USB\VID_046D&PID_08B4&Mi_00      ; Pro 4000

1) Go to the properties of the Unknown device in Device Manager

2) Select Reinstall Driver

3) Select "Browse My Computer For Driver Software"

4) Select the file from the path that you editted earlier

5) It'll say it's a driver for the QuickCam Pro 4000...just select it anyway

Thanks to the original poster that mentioned the key solution by knowing what file to edit and that 08BD should be 08B4.

NOTE: To change the file in that location you'll need to make yourself the owner and give yourself full rights to it or you won't be able to save it.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Yorkman,

Thank you for your sharing. This will help more people.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:15 AM
  •  Arthur Xie - MSFT wrote:

Hi Yorkman,

Thank you for your sharing. This will help more people.

I was working on this remotely for a friend of mine.  My previous solution worked as far as installing the driver goes.  However, I could not tell that the video was not working properly as they had shut off the lights in the room.

Later I got a call back saying that it recognizes the camera now but the picture is too distorted (fuzzy colorful lines all over the screen).  We didn't want to spend anymore time on this.  They said they'd buy another camera...(hopefully not a Logitech since they want to play the game of 'spend more money and buy a new camera, since you have a newer OS')!!

Friday, October 24, 2008 7:34 PM