Incident Saved With Empty Required Field RRS feed

• Question

• Hello System Center Community!

One of our analysts came across an odd issue. They were in the process of resolving an incident, so after changing the status to resolved, selecting a resolution category, and entering resolution notes the "OK" and "Apply buttons were greyed out. This issue was escalated to me and I took a closer look at the incident in question. Somehow the "Classification category" field which is required, was blank. In this case the incident was created from the console, but the incident template still requires the incident to have an entry in the "Classification category" field.

Any ideas how this incident was able to be created?

Thursday, January 7, 2016 7:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Is it possible that you have deleted the classification category list item that you assigned to the incident?

If that is the problem It is normal for it to be empty.

Fırat

• Marked as answer by Lex Jensen Friday, January 8, 2016 2:56 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2016 7:48 PM
  • An Incident with an empty Classification Category also may happen if the Incident is created by a connector, for instance Exchange or Ops Manager connector.

Second option might be the Incidents are created by a workflow, for instance by a Orchestrator runbook or PowerShell script.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Friday, January 8, 2016 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is it possible that you have deleted the classification category list item that you assigned to the incident?

If that is the problem It is normal for it to be empty.

Fırat

• Marked as answer by Lex Jensen Friday, January 8, 2016 2:56 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2016 7:48 PM
  • An Incident with an empty Classification Category also may happen if the Incident is created by a connector, for instance Exchange or Ops Manager connector.

Second option might be the Incidents are created by a workflow, for instance by a Orchestrator runbook or PowerShell script.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Friday, January 8, 2016 9:54 AM
  • Hello Firat,

I considered that, but I looked at the date the incident was created and I did not performed any changes to the classification category list during the lifespan of the incident.

Update:

I misread the date initially, I did edit the classification category list during the incident's lifespan. I must have deleted the value it was assigned. Thank you!

• Edited by Lex Jensen Friday, January 8, 2016 2:56 PM correction
    Friday, January 8, 2016 2:47 PM