[AppV 5.0 SP1] Multiple shortcuts RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have an application with - for example 3 - shortcuts, all referring to the same executable: example.exe. While starting the application a vbscript with a parameter should run first. I have done this with AppV 46SP1 successfully.

As we are using SCCM 2007 for deployment, I will use powershell to deploy the package to Windows 7 or Windows 8 computers. It should run for all the users on that computer, so I will use the -global parameter.

My questions are:

• how do I set up the following structure:

Shortcut 1:
    Start executable: example.exe
    While starting the virtual environment: script.vbs /param1

Shortcut 2:
    While starting the virtual environment: script.vbs /param2

Shortcut 3:
    While starting the virtual environment: script.vbs /param3

With a lot of interest I read this article: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvgeneralsequencing/thread/075bbfe0-ed01-401a-aae7-7c11a3ee0986

• It was mentioned that this kind of support was dropped with AppV 5.0. That is something I cannot believe. Maybe in 5.0 but also in 5.0 with SP1? Also I don't have a AppV5.0 infrastructure to modify a user deployment config in the Management Console file and export it.
    • If I am using the -global parameter for deployment are the user config files processed?

Your help is appreciated and with kind regards,

Willem-Jan Vroom

Monday, May 27, 2013 9:46 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Which options are you using inside App-V 5? 

App-V 5 has changed a lot with the shortcuts. You aren't able to place a script for each shortcut. The scripts are are placed on the whole package. You arent able to have dirrent behavior between shortcuts.

You might wanna think outside the box. For example, create a shortcut to scripts, which startup the application after running your scripts.

• Marked as answer by WillemPiloot Monday, May 27, 2013 10:30 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2013 10:10 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Which options are you using inside App-V 5? 

App-V 5 has changed a lot with the shortcuts. You aren't able to place a script for each shortcut. The scripts are are placed on the whole package. You arent able to have dirrent behavior between shortcuts.

You might wanna think outside the box. For example, create a shortcut to scripts, which startup the application after running your scripts.

• Marked as answer by WillemPiloot Monday, May 27, 2013 10:30 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2013 10:10 AM
  • Hello Roel,

Then I will rewrite the vbscript. I agree with you that starting the executable from the script is the best option.

With kind regards,

Willem-Jan

Monday, May 27, 2013 10:31 AM