none
synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I defined a protection group for file server.

It is backing up protected shares fine. schedule is defined for this backup as every alternate week.

when I modify protection group settings to check settings I cannot find these options

synchronization frequency

• Synchronization with consistency check

it is tape based backup only it is not disk based backup. I can see that for disk based backup it is showing these options

why It is not showing for tape based backups??

so for my file server if I took back up yesterday on 14-09-2013 and so till next schedule 28-09-2013 whatever the changes are made to file. how I can I backup these? (if there is a need to restore files on 20-09-2013 I need to restore from 14-09 back up right. . so how can I backup those 4 days of data also)

--Noor Parkar

UAE

Sunday, September 15, 2013 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hello,

If I got your doubt correctly, as synchronization is intended to update the DPM Pool, it's likely that you will not have this backup method available when backing up only to tape.

If you want to synchronize your replica at regular intervals so that you end up with a 2 week daily recovery possibility (that is, between tape backups), you will need to create a disk based protection first.

You could, as an example, configure the disk based backup to run a Express Full Backup at weekends that do not run for tape, and configure a 24 hour synchronization per day, for the remaining days.

Hope it helps.

evo 

• Proposed as answer by evolvtyon Monday, September 16, 2013 12:11 PM
    Sunday, September 15, 2013 12:37 PM