WMVCore2.dll for Cool Edit 2 on Win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• My favourite audio editing package loads OK on Win 7 in XP SP3 compatibility mode but the play control is greyed out and the record doesn't function.  I'm guessing that's because the WMVCore 2.dll is absent.  I understand it is because the dll used to be part of Media Player but now isn't.  Great shame - is there a fix other than spending £100 on Adobe Audition?
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:49 PM

Answers

• Hi stevec_walters,

This forum is focused on Windows 7 usage-related issues, for Cool Edit 2 problems, I suggest ask in their forum since they're more professional on it.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, September 23, 2011 7:18 AM
    Friday, September 16, 2011 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi stevec_walters,

This forum is focused on Windows 7 usage-related issues, for Cool Edit 2 problems, I suggest ask in their forum since they're more professional on it.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, September 23, 2011 7:18 AM
    Friday, September 16, 2011 8:06 AM
  • Hi, I have found an easy solution under Windows 7:

- Go to C:/windows/system32/

- copy the file "wmvcore.dll", paste it and rename the copied file to "wmvcore2.dll".

- Restart your computer

- MAYBE (maybe not necessary) you have to start cool edit pro 2 with "Windows XP service pack 3" compatibility.

That's it. At least it worked on my pc. Good luck!

Greetings by

www.kcFelix.de

• Edited by kc Felix Friday, January 13, 2012 2:03 PM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:36 PM
  • Thanks, it works Felix!!
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 7:25 PM
  • it's an O.S.  related question.  he needs to know how to get wmvcore2.dll so his software can run properly.  the dependency is a microsoft issue,  not the software developers issue.
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 2:12 AM
  • This worked thanks alott I needed this 
    Wednesday, December 20, 2017 1:58 AM