none
AD LDS monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Has the AD LDS (ver 6.0.8321.0) been replaced with the full AD MP Windows Server Active Directory(AD) (ver 6.0.8321.0)?

Our DCs are monitored from a different instance of SCOM so we don't have the AD MP in our main instance.  Recently I was asked to monitor a couple LDS servers and looked at the AD LDS MP.  This MP hasn't been updated in a long time and seems to have some error.  We get alert parameter replacement failure when the 'A Lightweight Directory Service management pack script has failed to run.' rule alerts.  

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 3:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sir,

"AD DS" and "AD LDS" are different role .

Yes , MP for LDS is released at 2014 .

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/16174.microsoft-management-packs.aspx

MHO , if the target is LDS , you may still need to use this MP .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

• Marked as answer by stemo76 Friday, June 3, 2016 4:16 PM
    Friday, June 3, 2016 4:06 PM
  • Thanks, I was hoping this MP  had been superseded since it appears to have buggy code.  I will see if I can recreate the rules that are generating alert parameter replacement issues and disable the default ones. Strange this hasn't been fixed in the time this MP has been out.
    Friday, June 3, 2016 4:17 PM