Use Skype for Business without having a Skype Business Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I need to make a call and screen sharing with a customer who uses Skype for Business.

As far as I know, screen sharing won't work within the free version (that I am using) and the Business version. Can i buy and use a single license of Skype for Business without having a Skype for Business server?

Which steps should I follow to use it?

Thank you, bye.

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hi davide

If your environment is online, you don’t need to deploy Skype for Business Server by yourself. You can use Skype for Business  to make online calls to other people and have a meeting(screen share)in your business if you have Office 365 Business Premium. You can purchase it from this link:

https://products.office.com/en-sg/business/office-365-business-premium?rtc=1&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Based on my knowledge, Skype for Business Online is part of the Office 365 suite of services. To set up Skype for Business Online, you need to sign in to Office 365 and then set up your domain and users.

For more details, you can refer to the following guidance:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/set-up-skype-for-business-online/set-up-skype-for-business-online

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com
    Wednesday, April 1, 2020 7:21 AM
  • Hi,
    I am checking the status of this case. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer to close the thread, it will help others who encounter the same issue and read this thread.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Friday, April 3, 2020 11:13 AM