When am i going to receive my windows 10 update RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I am wondering when I am going to receive my windows 10 update .   I reserved it and been waiting on it for some tme now. I do not know exactly who to contact regaurding this issue so I am trying to get answers on my question. Maybe a specific time frame or something hopefully can talk to somebody. I got in reserved and it's been a while.
    • Moved by Danny van DamMVP Friday, October 9, 2015 1:10 PM not related to training and certification
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:46 PM

All replies

• A very common question, unfortunately. 

Have you checked your Windows Update History to see if it has tried to install it in the past but has failed? If so, then you should be able to right click on the error message and obtain the error code. If you Google/Bing that, you should find others with the same problem and the fix.

A common error code is 80240020. There exists a fairly easy fix that consists of merely deleting contents of a specific folder.

You might also try running the Microsoft Update Troubleshooter.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 8:05 PM
  • Same issue here on my Windows 7 computer. I have 2 other computers that had Windows 8.1 and they received the Windows 10 update on the day of issue (both installs went flawlessly). However, I reserved Windows 10 on my Windows 7 computer and it says it is reserved, but I have not been notified that the upgrade is there. Is MS still rolling out the upgrades? Or should I do something to get the upgrade to my computer?

Thanks.

Steve

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 4:06 PM
  • Did you note the title of this forum?  It's specific to questions related to....Microsoft Certifications and related training.
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:51 PM