V2.5 laptop with XP Pro Media Center 2004 Welcome Screen problems RRS feed

• Question

• I have uninstalled SS v2.5 after I had run some tests for implementation but I am have some post-uninstall problems with my laptop.  The Shut Off this Computer button has disappeared from the Welcome Screen and the Administrator account shows up on normal boot up.  I would prefer not to have the administrator account on the normal Welcome screen since the normal account that I use on this laptop has administrative privileges.  I know that I need to keep the administrator account and have set its password but still the SS 2.5 uninstall has corrupted my Welcome Screen to something undesirable.  Some other friends of mine (people I trust to use my laptop) have User and Power User accounts on my laptop.  I was testing SteadyState on these friends but decided that the service was really not needed and was more for a project in the computer lab at a local Non Profit organization that I volunteer sometimes.

What happened and how can I get my "Turn off the computer" button and hide the administrator account on my welcome screen.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Friday, July 25, 2008 5:36 PM

Answers

•  

I am thinking that the solution to the problem is found here:  I will try it and report back here if it fixes the problem.

EDIT: The link above did fix the shut off the computer problem but did not hide the Adminstrator tile on the Welcome Screen.

Friday, July 25, 2008 5:48 PM