none
Windows 10 locking desktop icons and stopping the periodic re-arranging (random placement) of icons RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows 10 so perhaps this is misdirected.  I will describe my problem because it seems to be the same with Windows 7 comments.

I have a Dell laptop Inspiron 15, 7000 series.  I have 2 additional monitors and I have docking stations at my primary office and my satellite office.  When I shut down to travel and then hook back up at either location, the desktop icons get re-arranged in random order.  I do not change resolution manually but what I think happens is that any updates MS sends out and I have the computer process those updates, this changes the desktop icons.  That happens on occasion and I wonder if that is changing my monitor size/display changes (from factory defaults).  Also, the re-arrangement of icons happens when I go from one office to another; no other changes done.  I would really like to make sure the icons stay in the location/placement that I locked in on the laptop.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 4:15 PM

All replies