Error When Running Upate-Help RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me why I am getting this error when I run the Update-Help command?

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Update-help
    Update-help : Failed to update Help for the module(s) 'WindowsUpdateProvider' with UI culture(s) {en-US} : Unable to
    retrieve the HelpInfo XML file for UI culture en-US. Make sure the HelpInfoUri property in the module manifest is valid or
    check your network connection and then try the command again.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Update-help
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [Update-Help], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnableToRetrieveHelpInfoXml,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.UpdateHelpCommand

LBW

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 3:09 PM

Answers

• The module does not have updateable help.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by jrv Thursday, April 4, 2019 3:37 PM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 7:16 PM

All replies

• The module does not have updateable help.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by jrv Thursday, April 4, 2019 3:37 PM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 7:16 PM
  • Suggestion:  since you seem to just respond the same way going back a few years in the least, how about creating a post, locking it with how to fix it or at least bypass it using "Update-Help  -Force -Ea 0" that I found in one of your responses after digging through a multitude of threads, and refer back to that thread each time?  Moderator or not, seems like you missed a simple rule: you end up doing something more than once, you script it, in this case, create a static thread and point back to it each time.  Done.  Move on to a more pressing issue instead of responding "The module does not have updateable help" or "ignore the error" - that's useless to the population in general, especially those trying to learn Powershell.

At least Lee (below) referred back to the 2016 thread where you pointed out the solution to bypass the error, even though it was AFTER you said "ignore the error".  

Thursday, April 4, 2019 1:45 PM