Using SMS or SCCM to deploy Proclarity Desktop 6.3 and Patch 2216 RRS feed

• Question

• We have struggled for several years now to use either SMS 2003 SP3 or SCCM 2007 SP1 R2 to deploy Proclarity Desktop to our users.  There is a need in our organization to have this software on MANY desktops.

There seems to be a few issues, first, the silent install commandline in the manual is wrong, second, using standard install techniques for creating a package and program doesn't seem to work with this product, and, third, there seems to be some issue, even if you can get this installed, with a problem with something on the Windows side that will halt the install.

If either Microsoft or one of the others on this Forum has instructions which WILL work to install this product, could they publish or provide a link to them?  If it is just impossible to install this product with the Microsoft Software Distribution Tools (like AutoCAD 2009 products are), could THAT be mentioned on this Forum.

Thanks.
    Sunday, March 15, 2009 2:12 PM

All replies

• I feel like I might have to explain.  I guess if you have Proclarity Server running, it's possible to deploy Desktop from the Server.  In our case, we have over a 1000 sites that need to have this program installed to several dozen or hundreds of users at each site, but, it's used to get at things over the WAN, and, few if any sites have a Proclarity Server.

Due to the magnitude of users, and, the lack of a Proclarity Server, using SMS or SCCM would SEEM to be the best way to do it.  I would really hate for any vendor to tell me I MUST deploy their software via "sneakernet", and, find it even more incredible that this seems to be the case with THIS product and Microsoft.

Thanks.
    Sunday, March 15, 2009 2:19 PM
  • The biggest thing is that ProClarity should revamp their installation of product and patches..Make it like Microsoft not ProClarity.. :)

Deploy via SMS/SCCM can be completed by running the install of ProClarity 6.3 with /s /v/qn (or /qb-!, etc).  Installation of the patch is needing to record the installation by running the patch with a /R and grabbing the setup.iss.  The can be installed via SMS/SCCM.  Additional info on installshield switches.
    http://documentation.installshield.com/robo/projects/helplibdevstudio9/IHelpSetup_EXECmdLine.htm

Hope that helps..

Monday, April 6, 2009 5:18 PM