Skype for Business regulatory information RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , i am trying to find somewhere on the Microsoft site that lists the regulatory laws for deploying Skype for Business.

Any laws and rules or regions where it is not allowed to be deployed.

Think globally.

Can anyone help on this ?

Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:52 PM

Answers

• Hi theMadferret,

Based on my research, MS not provided a document about regulatory laws for deploying Skype for Business.

Here is a third-party document for your reference
    https://www.unifysquare.com/blog/keeping-up-with-compliance-policies-in-your-skype-for-business-formerly-lync-deployment/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Friday, January 19, 2018 6:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by theMadferret Friday, January 19, 2018 11:13 AM
    Friday, January 19, 2018 6:05 AM

All replies

• Microsoft isn't going to provide legal advice for deploying Skype for Business. That's something you need to be responsible for because you should have a good understanding of your locations and regulatory laws that may apply to your business.
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:17 PM
  • So you are saying Microsoft do not know the legal requirements for deploying their encrypted solutions globally. And you know this fact how? Are is this just your opinion
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:25 PM
  • I'm not saying they don't know, I'm saying they don't publish that information because ultimately you're the responsible party. They aren't going to provide legal advise for every possible scenario for every possible country. That's nearly an impossible task as laws change, and it potentially puts them at risk of being at fault if they are wrong.
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, January 19, 2018 6:03 AM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 6:26 PM
  • Hi theMadferret,

Based on my research, MS not provided a document about regulatory laws for deploying Skype for Business.

Here is a third-party document for your reference
    https://www.unifysquare.com/blog/keeping-up-with-compliance-policies-in-your-skype-for-business-formerly-lync-deployment/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Friday, January 19, 2018 6:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by theMadferret Friday, January 19, 2018 11:13 AM
    Friday, January 19, 2018 6:05 AM