none
VS 2019 error publishing RRS feed

• Question

• I made minor changes in my project using asp.net and published in VS2019.   I received the following error

4/3/2019 11:52:21 AM
    System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: Build failed. Check the Output window for more details.
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.WebTools.Publish.PublishService.VsWebProjectPublish.<>c__DisplayClass43_0.<PublishAsync>b__3()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Microsoft.Publish.Framework.ViewModel.ProfileSelectorViewModel.<RunPublishTaskAsync>d__183.MoveNext()
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: Build failed. Check the Output window for more details.<---

I reopened the project in VS2017 and it published with no problem.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 6:48 PM

All replies

• jjobcorp --

You are erroneously posted your ASP.net question in a public user forum dedicated to Project Online, an enterprise project management application.  I would encourage you to repost your question in a forum dedicated to questions about ASP.net.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 7:13 PM
  • Sorry, I couldn't find ASP as one of the choices.   I will do more searching

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 7:23 PM