none
A connection to the deployment share could not be made. Connection OK. Possible Cause:Invalid Credentials. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts ,

I have issues while deploying a capture task sequence using MDT 2010 , I browse from the Reference machine to be captured to the deploymentshare$/scripts/litetouch.vbs

but I get following error

"A connection to the deployment share could not be made. Connection OK. Possible Cause:Invalid Credentials."

Sunday, April 3, 2016 1:26 PM

Answers

• If you're going to be accessing the deployment server across different subnets the NetBIOS name won't work and you'll need to use DNS or you could simply use the IP address, but make sure you update the path everywhere it's used (bootstrap.ini, customsettings.ini) and regenerate new boot images.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, April 4, 2016 1:49 PM
  • putting Ip address in place of NetBios Name is not valid in MDT 2013 update 1
    IP address is valid at least as a troubleshooting measure.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

• Marked as answer by Dhanraj B Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:47 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 5:53 PM

All replies

• Upto my surprise the same setting and Environment in my office cloud does not give any error message,but in my local machine Vm set on windows 10 host give this error with MDt 2010 set on a windows 7 sp1 Vm machine give this error.

Later on I tried with the ip address of the MDT server instead of typing machine name to access the Deploymentshare$ like this

\\192.168.1.2\c$\DeploymentShare\   , it seemed to work at the beginning but when the PC restarts and the Task sequence starts, Winpe starts working, syspreping the machine , the above Wizard error again appears shamelessly.

Guys, I am Really Frustrated since one  day, any one with the same problem ??

• Edited by Dhanraj B Monday, April 4, 2016 10:38 AM
    Monday, April 4, 2016 10:31 AM
  • If you're going to be accessing the deployment server across different subnets the NetBIOS name won't work and you'll need to use DNS or you could simply use the IP address, but make sure you update the path everywhere it's used (bootstrap.ini, customsettings.ini) and regenerate new boot images.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, April 4, 2016 1:49 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 5:02 PM
    IP address is valid at least as a troubleshooting measure.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

• Marked as answer by Dhanraj B Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:47 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 5:53 PM
  • Thank you Guys, basic ip addressing  was the issue, I will soon post with screenshots how did I troubleshooted the Issue.

• Edited by Dhanraj B Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:43 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:41 PM

IP address is valid at least as a troubleshooting measure

This helped me, thank you Ty Glander
    • Edited by Dhanraj B Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:46 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:44 PM
  • Thanks Ty Glander and Dan Vega, Your Ideas helped me too resolve my issue a lot
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:46 PM