Mitel Live Business Gateway service teminated unexpectedly- Mitel and Lync integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

We have installed Mitel Live Business Gateway (LBG) service on Lync server to configure "Remote Call Control". RCC works for some time but then stops working - Lync client shows "no phone connectivity" error.

When I look into the event log on Lync server, I see Event ID 7031:

The Mitel Live Business Gateway service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 8 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

After stopping and restarting LBG service on Lync server, it works fine for few hours/day.

We have tried to figure out the cause but couldn't. We have contacted Mitel engineers but they couldn't find anything.

Ay help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

(Please move this thread in correct forum category if you think I have posted in wrong one)

-- S Ahmad

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 1:08 AM

Answers

• In all the LBG deployments I've done (OCS 2007 R2 and Lync Server 2010), I've had the LBG running on a separate server and had no issues. Services stay started, all expected client/phone behaviour.

Something tells me there is a conflict with the way Lync works with trusted application pools and routes and the fact that LBG is on the same machine as the FE. If you can, run up the LBG on a dedicated machine and see if this problem still exists.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Lync Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @justimorris
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

• Proposed as answer by Noya Lau Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Noya Lau Monday, March 19, 2012 9:04 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Shahbaz,

Do we have the Lync server and the Mitel LBG on the same subnet?

Do you see any networking issues?

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 4:59 PM
  • No, both are in different subnets. I don't see any network issues - it works fine for few hours.

Enterprise voice works just fine. Only the problem is with this Mitel LBG service which crashes after some time - although service status shows that service is running but RCC functionality doesn't work. Then I stop the service, start again and it works fine again for few hours.

-- S Ahmad

Thursday, March 8, 2012 10:37 AM
  • Are you running the LBG service on the Lync Front End server? I don't recommend you do this because of port conflicts. Try putting LBG on a dedicated server and try again.

If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:28 AM
  • Hi Justin,

Yes LBG service is running on Lync FE server (Standard edition). LBG SIP port is 5066 (no TLS).

Can you please explain port conflicts statement? Previously we were running LBG on OCS 2007 R2 and it was working fine - no problems at all.

-- S Ahmad

Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:50 PM
  • In all the LBG deployments I've done (OCS 2007 R2 and Lync Server 2010), I've had the LBG running on a separate server and had no issues. Services stay started, all expected client/phone behaviour.

Something tells me there is a conflict with the way Lync works with trusted application pools and routes and the fact that LBG is on the same machine as the FE. If you can, run up the LBG on a dedicated machine and see if this problem still exists.

• Proposed as answer by Noya Lau Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Noya Lau Monday, March 19, 2012 9:04 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 9:03 AM
  • Thanks Justin. I'll test this next week and will let you know the results.

Is there a way we can find exact cause of the service crash? using a utility like process dump etc.

-- S Ahmad

Friday, March 9, 2012 9:09 AM