Adding a cover page, Headers and Footers to a Word document RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My Requirement is

A user will upload a word document to SharePoint (MOSS 2007) Library using a custom screen. After uploading, I need to format the document by applying a custom Header & footer and adding a cover page with data like Author, Version and few more displayed in a table.

I've successfully added header and footer to the document, but I'm not able to align texts properly. It should apper in the following format

Title                         Date

-------------------------------------

Document Contents

--------------------------------------

Some Text                  Page 1 0f 2

Also, I didn't find a way to add cover page to it. Currently I'm adding a table at the range(0,0) with the number of rows enough to move contents of first page of an uploaded document to next. But this is not working for all the documents. In some of them, table contents are overlapping with the pre esisting table on first page. Please help me in adding header, footer contents and a cover page. It's Urgent.

Regards,

Amit

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:10 AM

Answers

• You might be able to make use of the tab stops added to the Header paragraph style. Adding tab characters between the content you add isn't at all difficult, but it would help if you gave us an example of the code you are using now.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

• Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Monday, July 1, 2013 9:06 AM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:11 PM

All replies

• Have you considered using tab stops for aligning text added to headers and footers?

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:38 PM
  • Hi Stefan,

No, I've not tried with tab stops. Will you please provide me some sample code for doing it using tab?

Thanks & regards,

Amit

• Edited by AmitSonal Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:18 AM forgot to include "Not" in my reply
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:17 AM
  • You might be able to make use of the tab stops added to the Header paragraph style. Adding tab characters between the content you add isn't at all difficult, but it would help if you gave us an example of the code you are using now.

• Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Monday, July 1, 2013 9:06 AM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:11 PM