none
SCM 3.0 export settings and associate with baseline 'Windows Server 2008 R2' no more available. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

in SCM 3.0 (but also in SCM 2.5) I don't find anymore a baseline for Windows Server 2008 R2 (RTM - without SP1).

If I export SCM settings in a .cab DCM format, I can associate it with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 baseline only. The problem is that I can't verify compliance for Windows Server 2008 R2 base system ... the reports shows me these OSs as not detected.

Is available a baseline for Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM for download ? or the only option is to upgrade all Windows Server 2008 R2 to SP1 ... ?

Any help will be appreciated. 

Massimo.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:35 AM

All replies

• I don't believe Server 2008 R2 RTM is a Microsoft supported configuration any more. There are significant enhancements (and security updates) in SP1. You should consider applying it to your servers.
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:53 PM
  • Hi Jim,

You're right ! Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM is no more supported (not in the mainstream support), but at the moment we have a lot of critical application that we need to test and validate before apply SP1 to the entire environment. So, during the process of application validation for SP1, we liked to monitor security settings via DCM ...

In the long term I will upgrade all server to SP1, but in the short term could I monitor these server for security settings compliance with DCM ... ? without a baseline for Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM It seem I can't !!!

Any workaround is appreciated ...

Thanks a lot !

Friday, May 10, 2013 1:28 PM