Broadband Card not binding RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Gang!

Running Vista Ultimate on a Dell XPS M1330.  

I've been working this issue with no luck.  My Dell VZW mini-card stopped working a few weeks ago.  It runs through configuration cycle just fine then quits at initializing device without any error messages as if nothing happened.

I went through all the normal troubleshooting (uninstall, reinstall, upgrade drivers, rollback drivers) to no avail.  Telephony service is running and the device queries the modem with no issue.  In addition, the self-diagnostics says all is fine.  The device say's it is configured properly and is working. 

HOWEVER, when I try to create a new network connection, Vista does not find a modem!  Ah.... now we have something!  The drivers are not binding to the device! 

I know that there was an XP utility created to fix RAS (RA Repair).  Do we have something similar yet for Vista.

No new software installed.  I tried system restore, but that has failed each time and eventually it cleaned itself with no restore points  to choose from anymore!

I'm trying to avoid doing a Vista reinstall.

Does anyone know how I can address this problem?

Thanks for the help!

Paul
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 6:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

Based on my research, please try the following:

1.    Upgrade the driver and utility for the Dell VZW mini-card if possible.

2.    Please also contact Dell and Verizon Wireless Support for more information as the issue is related to the hardware.

To contact them, please refer to the following sites:

Dell:

http://support.dell.com/support/

Verizon Wireless:

http://support.vzw.com/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Monday, December 22, 2008 11:18 AM