My cluster virtual node is in "not monitored" state after I installed the Cluster Failover MP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    After I followed the document and import the windows server failover cluster MP, Under Monitoring->Discovered Inventory OR  Under Monitoring->Windows Computer,  I see that my virtual cluster node is in a "NOT MONITORED" state. Is this normal ? should I investigate more on this ?.

My SCOM 2007 R2 installed on a windows 2008 server does not have any other MP installed other the the Windows Server MP (asked by the CLuster Failover document).

Thanks for your help in advance
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:32 PM

Answers

• Hello, that's normal. However you should see monitored instances if you go to the views that are created by the cluster MP.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    • Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:45 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:22 AM

All replies

• Hello, that's normal. However you should see monitored instances if you go to the views that are created by the cluster MP.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    • Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:45 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:22 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

Do you know  a way to remove it from the discovered Inventory and windows computers views ? It seems to "confuse" the my peers who takes care of the cluster service.

LAM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:33 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.

Do you know  a way to remove it from the discovered Inventory and windows computers views ? It seems to "confuse" the my peers who takes care of the cluster service.

LAM

I would be interested in knowing this as well. Showing up as "Unknown Status" on the Monitoring Overview page as well as "Not monitored" in windows computer/discovered inventory views is leading to much confusion by those who dont really use Ops Manager other than to get a glimpse into the status of the systems...in other words management
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:19 PM
  • It's not possible to remove the virtual nodes from the Discovered Inventory view. That view is meant to show you the contents of the instance space for the selected type.

I also do not believe that it is possible to customize the existing Computers view. (It is possible to delete and recreate the Computers view with different settings, but I didn't see anything in the view schema that could even remotely help with this.)

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:03 PM