How to reinstall Windows 10 after system crash and blue screens RRS feed

• General discussion

• In July I upgraded to Windows 10 from Window 7 Pro. Everything worked fine up until a week ago. When my computer would go in standby it would not wake up. I had to unplug and remove battery to restart. Then it started to work extremely slow. I used the reset tool to try and fix the problem but, the screen would go black each time and never recovered. I then received a blue screen indicating igdkmd64.sys failed. After several day of research and attempts I used my computer's oem recovery disks to get the computer to work again. I would like to reinstall Windows 10 but, since my copy was provided as a "downloaded upgrade" I have no disks. How can I reinstall Windows 10?

Thanks

Ken

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:20 AM

All replies

• Assuming you are now running Windows 7 Pro. Yes ?

Since you had Windows installed and activated, you have the Digital License kept in the server.
    Digital License allows you to re-install the SAME edition of Windows 10any time you want and as often as you want.

Use this link blow :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Click the Update Now button.

You will be asked to enter product key. Just select the SKIP option or the "I do not have a product key" option and continue.
    You can keep your files, settings and apps.
    Activation will be automatic.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:38 AM