none
Available to work - Resource List field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need a little help in configuration of  "Available to work" field that comes in Assign Resources after expanding Resource List options.

I am using custom calender that works 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM , 5 days a week.

The problem I am having is when I check the resource availability it only shows the availability of that particular day and does not look for the next days availability.

For Example: I am assigning a task to a resource at 02:00 PM for 15 hours but it only shows 3 hours availability and does not look for the next days however I do know the resource is available the next day. The resource despair when I choose more then 3 hours requirement.

Should there be some settings that I need to configure, please help.

Thanks

Monday, July 15, 2019 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

the filter you are using is always applied for the duration of the selected task. If your task has a duration of 1 day (be default), Project looks for availability of x days on this specific day. If you increase duration before, let say your task may take 3 days with work of 15 hrs, set duration to three days and you will find resources available for 15hrs within these three days.

Regards
    Barbara

Barbara Henhapl Blog (English/German)

Monday, July 15, 2019 7:57 AM
  • Thank you very much.

Affirmative, that's true. I have a little different issue.

For example;

I have task of 25 hours with 9.5 hours a day working calender.

When I look for resource for 25 hours it doesn't appear there, but if I check for 9.5 hours it appears.

However the resources is available the next day too.

Hope will get some help here too

Thank you

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:03 AM
  • Hi,

please look at the Duration of the task. If it is only one day, you will not see the resource, since he is only available 9.5hrs on this one day.

Regards
    Barbara

Barbara Henhapl Blog (English/German)

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 8:09 AM
  • Hi

Thank you.

Yes it's right. Is there a way we can add the next days hours on it till the 25 hours task gets completed.

That's works for us.

Regards

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:27 PM