none
Event id 5586 ~ Invalid column name tp_Level RRS feed

  • Question

  • After migrating a database from 2007 to 2010, I’ve noticed this error in the event log

    Log Name:      Application

    Source:        Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation

    Date:          4/26/2011 2:55:45 PM

    Event ID:      5586

    Task Category: Database

    Level:         Error

    Keywords:     

    User:          Domain\user

    Computer:      server.domain.com

    Description:

    Unknown SQL Exception 207 occurred. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

    Invalid column name 'tp_Level'.

     

    It happens every time a user hits a top level sub-site of a specific site collection. Any Thoughts?

     


    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:22 PM

Answers

  • Turns out that this was a one of my administrators causing me hell after all. The admin imported an old Site Collection that basically did not agree with SharePoint 2010. We removed the site collection and the DB associated with it (he create a separate Web App with it's own DB thank the stars ...) and this error ceased to exist!

    Thanks for all your help and thoughts everyone!


    DD
    • Proposed as answer by DDidier Friday, December 30, 2011 1:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Margriet Bruggeman Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:37 PM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 1:30 AM

All replies

  • Can you find the tp_Level field in AllUserData table in the content database then? It can be issue with upgrade if you cannot find this column.

     

    And, you can use ULS Viewer or SQL Server Profiler to find more detailed error message.

    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:33 AM
  • The same error appeared in event Viewer several days ago

     

    Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:12 AM
  • Hi;

    We are also getting exactly same error for every minutes.. Error seems to be related with a sharepoint service which has tries to write some data to database but it is unable to find relevant column name "tp_level"

    Any ideas?

    Thankyou..


    Technet Makalesi - Sorun Girişi
    Monday, September 5, 2011 5:44 AM
  • Yea - I'm really lost on this one to. GuYuming asked if the column existed ... and decided to take a look; this column is part of all content dbs in my own environment as a PK ... seems legit ..did a quick check on these tables to see if they have data as I've never looked before and they are they do ... weird ... doesn't look missing which makes me think that something is looking for an instance of this column that doesn't exist in the right place (or shouldn't) ... more to come ... 
    DD
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 10:22 PM
  • For me this turned out to be a SharePoint list. I don't know what was wrong with the list exactly, my guess is the list was too long. I deleted the list and re-created it getting rid of all the old entries, and the error was gone. 

    For me this error had different user names attached to it each time. I started calling users asking them what they were doing. Eventually I was able to track down the guilty list. I made test entries in the list and each time I did, the error would show up with my name.

    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:19 PM
  • Turns out that this was a one of my administrators causing me hell after all. The admin imported an old Site Collection that basically did not agree with SharePoint 2010. We removed the site collection and the DB associated with it (he create a separate Web App with it's own DB thank the stars ...) and this error ceased to exist!

    Thanks for all your help and thoughts everyone!


    DD
    • Proposed as answer by DDidier Friday, December 30, 2011 1:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Margriet Bruggeman Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:37 PM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 1:30 AM