IBM storage mp for scom - migration accross domains RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently building a new SCOM environment in a different domain to the old one. I need to monitor our IBM Storage from the new environment rather than the old one. Do I need to de-configure the old environment using scomu.cmd before adding the MP to the new environment or can they run in parallel (which is how I'm running everything else before the new one is complete and tested)?
    Tuesday, May 10, 2016 9:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sir,

>>Do I need to de-configure the old environment

No .

Generally , all the changes (override) should be  saved into a seperate MP .

If you have done that , you just need to import IMB storage MP and the MP stored overrides into new environment .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:10 AM
  • Elton, thanks for the reply.

I asked because the scomu.cmd program sets up a custom connector to the storage system, rather than working like a standard MP. When running scomu.cmd for the new system I will have to reference the IP of the Management Server and was worried that it might over-write the old settings or be unable to set up a second reporting channel.

Eric

• Edited by Eric G-S Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:42 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:42 AM
  • I think you have to ask on the IBM forums really.

Rob Korving
    http://jama00.wordpress.com/

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Wednesday, May 18, 2016 7:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:00 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:58 PM