How to create alias address? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

May i know how can i create alias email in exchange server? 

Existing we have an email address called support@xxx.com (which has no mailbox just a virtual email address) ties to a user mailbox primary mailbox call c@xxx.com.

when external people email to this support@xxx.com, the email will be redirect to c@xxx.com, b@xxx.com

How can i archive this with exchange server?

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 9:54 AM

All replies

• Open the properties of the c@xxx.com mailbox and add the additional alias there. If you want the message to be delivered to multiple mailboxes, configure forwarding. ANother approach is to instead create a Distribution group for the support@xxx.com address, then add c@ and b@ as members of the DG.
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:46 PM
  • Hi min777,

Do you mean that support@xxx.com is a "smtp" email address for c@xxx.com, such as picture below:

Does support@xxx.com and c@xxx.com has the same domain name?

If support use the same domain name as userC, you can take step below to change mail flow:

1. Create a mail contact which called support@yourdomain.com.

2. Create a transport rule like picture below, it will redirect this email to other two mailboxes:

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:52 AM
  • Hi min777,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 3:17 AM
  • Open the properties of the c@xxx.com mailbox and add the additional alias there. If you want the message to be delivered to multiple mailboxes, configure forwarding. ANother approach is to instead create a Distribution group for the support@xxx.com address, then add c@ and b@ as members of the DG.
    Hi vasil, may i know which approach is more realiable? thanks.
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:24 PM
  • Hi everyone,

Is forwarding means mail flow rules configuration?

Don't think the adding smtp address into mailbox properties could work because it can only added into one user mailbox.

The support@company.com is tie to a primary mailbox but when external user email to support@company.com, the email will first send to a@company.com then only it will redirect to the rest of the teams.

Guess distribution group is the best method?

• Edited by min777 Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:25 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:26 PM