Building SSP with new Source Code RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I downloaded a while ago the compiled\build new SSP from some website. However I am having issue with the portal and I thought I would download the source code for the portal from here http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=1983 and build it from scratch.

First I tried to find some documentation about the right steps on how to compile the SSP with Visual Studio but I was not able to find any. What I found out is how to open the 'project' using the portal.sln and then build the portal. But I am nowhere able to find Enduser and  the Analyst folder which I need to upload into IIS.

Can someone please shed some light into this for me and tell me if I have the right understanding of the intention of the source code and please point me into the rigt directions what I have to do to compile\build the portal.

Thank you
    Mc2102

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:55 PM

Answers

• In the document "System Center Service Manager 2010 Custom Portal Development.docx" (in the Portal Source Code Folder) at page 11 (6. Build and Deploy a Customized Portal) is the description how to build and deploy the portal after customization.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

• Marked as answer by Mc2102 Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:04 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:21 PM

All replies

• In the document "System Center Service Manager 2010 Custom Portal Development.docx" (in the Portal Source Code Folder) at page 11 (6. Build and Deploy a Customized Portal) is the description how to build and deploy the portal after customization.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

• Marked as answer by Mc2102 Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:04 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:21 PM
  • Thanks. That worked for me and after building a the portal from scratch my original issue is being resolved.
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:05 PM