none
DPM 2012 Self Service Recovery No Databases RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to setup self service recovery on two different servers but continue to get the message below.

You do not have any databases available for recovery. None of the databases configured for your user account is protected by the DPM server [server].

The documention doesn't seem to have anything on setting up the SSRT but the descriptions of dialogs. From what I can gather the user role worked. I have the role setup to have access to all databases. I've tried running the SSRT on the DPM server or even the SQL Server targets but still same message. Is there something I missed on assigning databases to the role?

Patrick Nielsen
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 4:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The only way I have been able to reproduce your issue is if I setup a role for a user and specify SQLServer\Instance database to be able to recover, then remove that Database from protection on the DPM server.  Under that condition, the role still exists, but when a recovery is attempted the role cannot find the database since it's no longer being protected. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:43 PM
  • What Mike posted helped you out?

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:30 AM