Filtering is not worked on calculated column of sharepoint 2013 list view webpart RRS feed

• Question

• Filtering is not working on list view web part calculated column.
    • Edited by Sushanth Y Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:49 AM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sushanth Y,

What did you mean “not working”?

If you try to filter a list items, using one calculated column with multiple values, SharePoint only shows the items that are related or contains the first of the selected values. This issue is fixed by SharePoint 2013 July 2014 CU.

This issue is described in the article KB 2882987, for more details, please refer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2882987

If you are filtering the items using the calculated column with one value, it does not work. To narrow down this issue, I need to verify the things below with you:

1. Are there any errors show up on the page when you do a filter for calculated column? If yes please provide the errors for further research.

2. Please filter the calculated column in other lists/libraries to check if this issue only happens on the current list.

It would be better if you can provide the formula of calculated column and other detail of this column, then I can try to reproduce this issue to find out the solutions.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 4:39 AM
  • Hi,

I have created calculated column of first name and last name has candidate name.

Ex: Candidate Name=[First Name] +" "+[Last Name]

I filter on candidate name by selecting multiple values but the filter result shows first selected value only.

Thanks.

Thursday, December 24, 2015 6:22 AM
  • Hi Sushanth Y,

Please install July 2014 CU for SharePoint 2013 to fix this issue.

Before installing July 2014 CU, SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 or March 2013 PU for SharePoint 2013 need to be installed first.

Here is an article about deploying CU for SharePoint 2013 step by step for your refer:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/step-by-step-cumulative-update-sharepoint-2013-dyung-ngo

In addition, to combine first and last names, use the ampersand operator (&) or the CONCATENATE function.

=[Column1]&" "&[Column2] or =CONCATENATE([Column2], ",", [Column1])

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Friday, January 1, 2016 6:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, January 4, 2016 7:43 AM
    Thursday, December 24, 2015 9:48 AM