none
New MIM FIMSync SPN RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just noticed on https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt219038.aspx, that MIM will require a new SPN:

setspn -S FIMSync/mimservername.domain.local Domain\MIMSync

Could someone please clarify why this is needed in MIM (and wasnt in FIM)?

Thanks,

SK

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:56 AM

Answers

• Yes, I am aware of the previous FIM SPNs, but I have never had to create one for FIMSync before...so this is new?

Yep, seems that there is a one new spn defined. Great notice!
    Again - it is not new one - it was before for PCNS.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Marked as answer by Shim Kwan Friday, November 27, 2015 1:57 AM
    Friday, November 13, 2015 6:53 AM

All replies

• Hello Shim.

FIM also used SPN - it is not new - FIM (and ILM and MIIS) offered PCNS - and to make use of PCNS, you've had to register such SPN.

More about SPN for PCNS in FIM

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:08 AM
  • Yes, I am aware of the previous FIM SPNs, but I have never had to create one for FIMSync before...so this is new?
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:02 PM

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:11 AM

Again - it is not new one - it was before for PCNS.

• Marked as answer by Shim Kwan Friday, November 27, 2015 1:57 AM
    Friday, November 13, 2015 6:53 AM
  • Hello,

just wanted to mention that the link you referenced is not talking about the FIMSync SPN anymore... now they "invented" a new one: FIMSynchronizationService ;-)

@Dominik: can anyone sooner or later please explain when exactly Kerberos services classes started to be "user-defined" (as mentioned by the link you attached)?

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:58 PM