none
Lync 2013 + Skype: Add Button on my web sites to call internal users from Skype

Question

• I need to publish a web site, where public users can see a Skype Button to call internal/employees from Internet using Skype. We have Skype and Lync working together (integration).

• Edited by Rivers75 Monday, September 08, 2014 6:32 PM
    Monday, September 08, 2014 6:31 PM

Answers

• I've found the solution:

<a href="skype:2:user@federateddomain.com?call">call Federated User with Skype</a>) 

• Marked as answer by Rivers75 Wednesday, September 17, 2014 1:19 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You might post the issue on Lync MSDN forum and more developing expert will help to verify if this can be achieved using Lync SDK. Thank you for your understanding.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicatorsdk/threads

What’s more, if the Skype users want to call Lync users not until Lync users adding the invitation, on Lync client side, OptionsàAlertsàContacts not using Lync, choose “Allow anyone to contact me” instead of “Allow invites but block all other communications”.

Best Regards,

Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 2:18 AM
  • If I am reading your question correctly, I think you just want to create a button that uses the skype: protocol.

For example if you paste this into HTML it will call the number (in this case +12121111111) using the Skype client.

<a href="skype:+12121111111?call">call +12121111111 with Skype</a>

Now, I am not 100% sure how Lync comes into this via your question, but if you have Lync enterprise voice internally and external DID's then this will work.

If you are trying to call direct using the federation route, I have tried using the Lync SIP address instead of the telephone number and that doesn't appear to work. (<a href="skype:user@federateddomain.com?call">call Federated User with Skype</a>) It does work with another Skype username, just not a Lync user.

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer"

Georg Thomas | Lync MVP
    Blog www.lynced.com.au | Twitter @georgathomas
    Lync Edge Port Check (Beta)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 8:12 PM
  • exactly !!!

<a href="skype:user@federateddomain.com?call">call Federated User with Skype</a>)  doesn't work

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:03 AM
  • I've found the solution:

<a href="skype:2:user@federateddomain.com?call">call Federated User with Skype</a>) 

• Marked as answer by Rivers75 Wednesday, September 17, 2014 1:19 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 1:19 PM
  • Thanks for posting the solution! Great to know!

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer"

Georg Thomas | Lync MVP
    Blog www.lynced.com.au | Twitter @georgathomas
    Lync Edge Port Check (Beta)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:24 PM
  • First add to contact list 

<a href="skype:2:user@sipdomain.com?add">call Federated User with Skype</a>

Second make a call

<a href="skype:2:user@sipdomain.com">call Federated User with Skype</a> 

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 2:03 PM