Windows Installer Module closes when applying Update KB941649 v2 x86 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have tried updating through Windows Update as well as the standalone installer but everytime the installation is half way the Windows Installer Module crashes and the update is not being installed. The only way to then close the installation is stopping the Windows Update service, which permits me to end the installation and close the windows.

All the other updates that went up yesterday installed fine, tried multiple reboots but no luck installing this last "reliability" update.

I am running Vista Ultimate 32bit, Core 2 Duo 2,4Ghz E6600 with 2Gb Ram.

I'd like to install this last update, so if anyone has a suggestion to reach that goal I will gladly take it!

Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:32 AM

All replies

• have the same problem that installation (trough Windows Update or Standalone Installer) stops and following message is displayed : Windows Modules Installer stopped working and was closed. In my case this happens when the installation is 94% done.
    Thursday, November 22, 2007 8:52 PM
  • Did you fix this as i cant install 3 updates due to the same error?

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 6:40 PM
  • Nope, still get the same error, have no issues with any other update released after this update

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:18 PM
  • has anyone solved this as I get this message and can't install any updates

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 10:22 AM
  • No had to do a complete reinstall i mean format your system drive too just updating doesnt work.

Before installing any drivers run windows update not had a problem since,

I now use acronis home for backing up my c drive every 2 days so can revert back once if i get any problems.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 1:15 PM