Jobs stuck in Print Queue. But don't effect printing. RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone ever seen anything like this? There are 3 jobs stuck in the printing queue on a users Win 7- 64bit computer. The printer is a networked HP Color LaserJet CP4525. The jobs only show up on this computer, not on the printer itself or anyone else when they pull up the queue. They do show up for all users of this computer though and they show "deleting - spooling". Get this though, He can still print to this and other printers! The new job pops up, and goes right on through. Its really just a cosmetic issue I guess.

There are no jobs in the printer folder. I have tried stopping the spooler, removing them every way I can find on google, other then starting to delete drivers and software etc.. I don't know that we want to go that far as its really not affecting his work. We have removed the printer and reinstalled also.

I'm thinking there has to be some file(s) somewhere that windows is pulling this from to even make these show up in queue, but I cant find it.

• Edited by IT_Pilot Tuesday, March 29, 2016 2:24 PM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 2:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi IT_Pilot,

Based on your description, we may try to perform the following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Clear Printer Spooler Files and Re-enable the Spooler Service

======================================

1. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Search box and press Enter.

2. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.

3. Click Stop and click OK.

4. Click Start, type "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers" in the Start Search box and press Enter, delete all files in this folder.

5. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.

6. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.

7. Click on Start. In the Startup Type list, make sure that "Automatic" is selected and click OK.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 9:42 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion, but yeah I've tried all that. There are no jobs in the printer folder. I have tried stopping the spooler, removing them every way I can find on google, 
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 3:05 PM
  • It seems that you may try to uninstall and reinstall latest version of the HP Color LaserJet CP4525 driver for Windows 7.

If the issue persists, you may try the advanced troubleshooting steps the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article suggests:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/printer-problems-in-windows-help#fix-printer-problems=windows-7&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, April 2, 2016 3:45 AM