S4B Client on Mac OSX High Sierra Sign In Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a client who is having sign in issues with the S4B client on Mac OSX High Sierra. The client version is 16.13.184 and it tries to connect to an on-premise S4B environment. Sign in fails for both internal and external users with the error message "We couldn't sign you in.  Please check your sign-in info and try again.  If the problem persists, contact your support team."

I've performed several tests:

1. The account I'm using to test can sign in on a Windows machine S4B client
    2. The account can sign in with the Lync 2011 client on the same MacBook that fails sign in on the S4B client

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the logs indicate a connection time out error right before the error message appears:

"2018-01-24 18:32:08.562 0000700000b53000 INFO TRANSPORT CHttpRequestProcessor.cpp:155 Received response of request() with status = E_ConnectionTimeoutError (E2-2-5)"

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Josh

Josh Crabtree UC Engineer

Thursday, January 25, 2018 11:27 PM

Answers

• Leon,

I was able to get this working. I took a trace using an old copy of the Lync Connectivity Analyzer and noticed I was getting a UCWA error on one of the FE servers. I logged onto the specific FE server and opened IIS to check the UCWA App Pool. It was listed as 'stopped,' so I restarted the App Pool. After the restart, the Mac clients were able to login.

A few questions:

1. I'm not sure how/why this app pool would have stopped.
    2. This is an enterprise pool, why would having the app pool on one server stop cause everyone in the org to have issues? Do all app pools across all servers need to be started?

Thanks,
    Josh

• Marked as answer by Joacrabt Friday, February 2, 2018 2:54 PM
    Wednesday, January 31, 2018 9:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Josh,

Was the problem occurred on the specific user’s account?and the problem happened in S4B client on Mac?

If you set your account in another MAC, does the issue persist?

You could try to disable the account and re-enable the account on the skype for business control panel.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, January 26, 2018 6:24 AM
  • Leon,

Thank you for responding. The test account I'm using does not seem to be the problem. I can login with the account on using the Lync 2011 client on the MacBook I'm testing with.  It also works when I login with a S4B client on a Windows machine. I wanted to test with a different MacBook, so a colleague of mine tried logging into the S4B client on his MacBook but it failed.

Interestingly enough, I was able to login using both the S4B client and Lync 2011 client with my production O365 account. The test account is homed to an on-premise S4B FE server that has the latest CU updates installed (CU6 from December 2017). 

Thanks,
    Josh

Friday, January 26, 2018 1:13 PM
  • Hi Josh,

Based on your description, the problem is related to your account, have you tried the disable the account and re-enable the account on the skype for business control panel?

And try to update your client to the latest version.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:03 AM
  • Leon,

I was able to get this working. I took a trace using an old copy of the Lync Connectivity Analyzer and noticed I was getting a UCWA error on one of the FE servers. I logged onto the specific FE server and opened IIS to check the UCWA App Pool. It was listed as 'stopped,' so I restarted the App Pool. After the restart, the Mac clients were able to login.

A few questions:

1. I'm not sure how/why this app pool would have stopped.
    2. This is an enterprise pool, why would having the app pool on one server stop cause everyone in the org to have issues? Do all app pools across all servers need to be started?

Thanks,
    Josh

• Marked as answer by Joacrabt Friday, February 2, 2018 2:54 PM
    Wednesday, January 31, 2018 9:15 PM