Pb Collaborative Tasks on Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I created a shared folder for my team in order to track the progress of my colleagues, and look after the todolist of each one. The problem is :

1) I cannot track the author of the task, I'm obliged to ask them to mention their name in the title of the task....

2) When they create tasks in the shared folder, those are not synchronised in their respective calendar....

Anyone could helpe me ?

Thank you in advance, Raphael

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Raphael,

Unfortunately, there is no build-in settings in shared task folder to track the author of the task item if it is directly created in the folder by others.

As a workaround, please use the Task assign feature instead of directly creating Task item in shared task folder to track it. For example:

1. Only give Reviewer permission to your team member about this shared task folder. It would limit the items edition and creation permission in this folder.
    2. If the shared task folder is a Public Folder in your organization, please mail enable it. For more information about mail-enable a Public folder, please read: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997560%28v=exchg.160%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
    3. Then the team member can create Task item in their own mailbox and assign the task to this mail-enabled Public folder.
    4. In the Shared task folder, add the "REQUESTED BY" or "ORGANIZER" field to the view column: Right-click the view column in Task folder, select Field Chooser, drag the Requested By or Organizer to the view field.

The added field should show the task author who created it and send to this folder. Please try it in your side.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 15, 2017 6:46 AM
  • Hi Raphael,

Any updates on the issue?

If your issue has been resolved, you could mark helpful post or share the solution here and close the thread.
    If you have any further issues, please feel free to post threads.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 10:26 AM